9.04.2011

Nectarine Pizza


I realize the title of this post sounds strange.  Nectarines and pizza.  Not 2 things that normally would go together.  Maybe on a full blown fruit pizza, yes.  But this is not that.  Although it sounds weird, you have to trust me when I say that it is awesome.  


Nectarines.  Fresh Mozzarella, cubed.  Grape tomatoes from my garden.  Fresh basil, chopped.  I know, I know.  You get the mozzarella, tomatoes and basil.  That's traditional.  But the nectarines added in there?  Just try it.  It's amazing.  The touch of sweet and tart amongst all those other flavors is just really good.  The thing that tops it all off is a drizzle of reduced balsamic vinegar.


I didn't follow a recipe for this pizza.  I saw a picture of it online somewhere and recreated it.

Nectarine Pizza

Pizza dough (you can use a store-bought dough, or make your own- here is my favorite dough recipe)
Fresh mozzarella, cubed
goat cheese, crumbled
olive oil
handful of grape tomatoes
1/2 nectarine, thinly sliced
fresh basil, chopped

1/4 cup balsamic vinegar (I used pomegranate balsamic)

Preheat oven to 500.  Prepare pizza dough.  Drizzle dough with olive oil and spread evenly.  Add half of cheese.  Add nectarines, tomatoes, goat cheese and remaining mozzarella.  Bake in preheated oven on a pizza stone or sheet for about 15 minutes.

While pizza is cooking, put vinegar in a small saucepan and turn heat to med-high.  Simmer until reduced and thickened.  Watch it closely though, cause it will burn, and then it will be gross.

When pizza is done, top with basil and drizzle with balsamic reduction.

enjoy!





  


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...