1.12.2012

Homemade Potato Chips

One of my Christmas presents this year was the KitchenAid Food Processor.  This thing is awesome.  It does so many things!  It kneads, chops, slices, puree's, dices, minces, shreds, and more.  I typically am a pretty slow cooker.  Because I make almost everything from scratch (starting with fresh veggies/fruit instead of pre-prepared/canned, etc), most of the time that I spend making meals is because of chopping/slicing up things for the meal.  Well, my new food processor can do all that for me, and is a huge time saver.  It's really easy to use, safe, and extremely efficient.  


The first thing I made with my new kitchen toy is potato chips.  We put the slicer disc on the thinnest setting, and it made perfect potato chips.  



The top part of the FP has an adjustable size lid to fit big or small foods in.


Slicing the tater...


Raw chips.


Fry em' up!


season with salt 


Perfect!  They're crispy and very potato-y.  Sooooo good.



Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...