9.22.2012

Kale Chips


Kale Chips.

I feel like I jumped on the kale chip bandwagon about a year too late.  They were huge a while back, and I never really paid attention then.  I guess I just thought that it was just a fad and I really didn't know too much about kale anyway.  

So then I decided to see what all the hype was about, and it sucked me in as well.  I'm now a huge lover of kale, especially kale chips.  And the nutrients that kale has is also amazing.


So much good stuff in there! I've really tried to use kale in recipes more, and eat it at least once a day.  I typically make smoothies including kale to get my daily dose, but I also make kale chips often.  The other day I made sweet potato ravioli with a pesto made from kale (recipe coming soon). 

I feel like kale is one of those things that people either love or hate.  I love it, Jeremy hates it.  He'll drink the smoothies that I make with kale, cause you can't taste it.  He won't touch kale chips.  He did eat the sweet potato ravioli with kale pesto, and when asked how he like the kale pesto, he said "I could still taste the kale."  Silly boy. 

Kale chips are probably the easiest thing ever to make, and there are so many variations.  There are spicy kale chips, cheesy kale chips, chocolate kale chips (sounds really gross-has anyone tried this?!), even kale chips on popcorn.   *You can click here to find a whole bunch of different types of kale chips recipes.

Here is how I typically make them:

Kale Chips

Couple stalks of kale
few tbsp olive oil
salt
pepper 
garlic powder
paprika

Wash and dry the kale.  Tear off the leaves from the stem into bite size pieces.  toss in a bowl with olive oil and a few dashes of each of the spices.  lay out on a baking sheet, and bake at 350 for about 10-15 mins, until crisp and lightly browned.  





No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...