10.12.2010

Sweet Potato Muffins


Did you know that you can microwave sweet potatoes?!  

I don't know why I am just now learning this.  This means I can take and make a sweet potato at work! so excited.  I knew you can cook regular potatoes in the microwave, but I guess since I usually think of sweet potatoes mixed with delicious ingredients and sweetened like crazy in a casserole, the thought of baking them in a microwave never really occurred.  I have had an orientee at work for the past 6 weeks, and have had to do very little.  This has given me a lot of time to mess around and find interesting things to make and bake.  I found this recipe for sweet potato muffins.  Now since I have gotten back from Florida, I have not made the time to go grocery shopping.  I did find the time to run to the grocery to get a few things to bake with though!  I made these muffins one night before work because I was having a baking withdrawal.  The ingredients to this recipe are a hot mess of all things autumn.  They were pretty good, I think, just a little dry.  Next time I'll try and tweak things a bit to make them more moist. 

Sweet Potato Muffins
from InnTheKitchen

2 cups flour
1/2 ground flaxseed
1/2 cup honey
1/4 tsp baking soda
2 tsp baking powder
1 Tbs ground cinnamon
1/2 Tbsp ground cloves
1/2 cup oil
2 cups baked, peeled, cubed sweet potatoes
2 eggs, beaten
1 cup walnuts (or pecans if you'd like)
1 cup dried cranberries

Preheat oven to 350.
Whisk dry ingredients together.  blend in beaten eggs and honey and mix well.
Mix in sweet potato cubes, walnuts and cranberries.
Separate into greased/floured muffin pans and bake for 20-30 minutes.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...