10.07.2010

Half Marathon (2) and the Food and Wine Festival

So I ran my 2nd half marathon, just 7 days after the first one.  It was awesome!  This one was through the parks at Disney World!  I ran 13.1 miles and saw many Disney characters that were cheering for me on the course.
And after the race, Epcot had a food and wine festival for all the runners.  This included traditional food from countries all over the world.  Here are a few of the things that we sampled...(sorry for the crappy pictures...this took place at 1 in the morning, and it was in the dark!)
A Lamb slider with  tomato chutney-New Zealand.
Corn and cheese empanada-Chile
Spicy beef and sweet potatoes-Morroco
Waffle-Begium

I don't know whose idea it was to have people run 13 miles, and then immediately engorge on ethnic food and wine.  Crazy.  But I was fine with it, and had no adverse effects.  The next few pictures are appetizers from an italian restaurant that we ate at...and which I am determined to recreate in my own little kitchen.
These are eggplant fries...with tomato basil sauce.  They're so good!
    
These were my favorite...risotto rice balls!

Next delicious food adventure that we encountered...
Corn fritters at Dixie Crossroads.  These little guys were deceivingly called "corn fritters" making it sound halfway healthy.  nope.  These little balls are pretty much hot donut holes covered in powdered sugar, with a few kernels of corn thrown in there every now and then. but they were so good!
This is Rock Shrimp.  I had never heard of it, but apparently it's pretty big in Florida.  They are smaller than normal shrimp, and have a very hard and spiny shell-there is a certain technique that is used to eat them!  They are also very delicious.



And the very last thing we ate while on our vacation...
Churros and Sopapillas.  Amazing.  They disappeared quickly.
















No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...