12.21.2010

Mini Egg Nog Cheesecakes.

Do you ever order a slice of cheesecake when at a restaurant, and are always disappointed with the size?  The tiny slivers that are apparently an acceptable size to be paid $6.00 for just don't cut it for me.  I make this assumption excluding the fancy-schmancy place that gives you larger-than-life portions, the almost famous Cheesecake Factory.  I'm actually quite satisfied with their portions.  Maybe the other restaurants are trying to help us all stay healthy.

Nah.

I'm convinced that they are keeping it for themselves cause it's so delicious.  I often crave cheesecake.

Anytime, anywhere.  I will make one at a moments notice, for any occasion.

There was this one.  And this slimy one here.  Oh and these guys.  Then there's these delicious things.

I don't think my blog is big enough, nor famous enough to link back to my own posts.  Oh well.  I did it anyway.

So onto my newest cheesecake concoction.  Egg Nog min cheesecakes.  These little cakes totally take care of my random cheesecake wants.  Best part?  They are not a skimpy portion, but they are not so huge that your stomach feels like it's about to explode with sugar.  Ok well maybe it does.  Just a little. But it's worth it.

First I made a graham cracker/butter/sugar crust.  Cause that's what you do with cheesecake.
They I pressed the crust down into jumbo muffin cups.
Topped 'em with the beloved Dulce De Leche.  Baked 'em.  Let 'em cool.

They I ate 'em.  And it made me happy.  

Egg Nog Cheesecakes  (makes 18 regular muffin size cheesecakes, or 9 jumbo muffin cheesecakes)
adapted from AllRecipes.com

for the crust:
1 cup graham cracker crumbs (I used a food processor+my hands b/c my FP sucks to make crumbs)
2 Tbsp sugar
4 Tbsp butter, melted
Pinch nutmeg
Pinch cinnamon

for the cheesecake:
3 (8oz) pkgs cream cheese, softened
1 cup sugar
3 Tbsp flour
1 cup eggnog, room temperature
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp cinnamon
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp rum extract

1 cup Dulce De Leche

Preheat oven to 325.  Place muffin cups in muffin trays.  In a bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs, 2 Tbsp sugar, melted sugar and pinches of nutmeg and cinnamon.  Push a Tbsp or so of this mixture into the bottom of each of the muffin cups.  With a mixer, beat the cream cheese until smooth.  Mix in the sugar, flour, eggnog, nutmeg and cinnamon.  In another bowl, mix together the eggs and both extracts.  Stir by hand into the cream cheese mixture.  Fill muffin cups almost to the top with batter.  Bake in 325 oven for 15 mins, until centers are firm, but a little jiggly still.  Turn off the oven, and crack the door, leaving the cheesecakes in the oven for another 30-60 minutes, until the cheesecake is set.  Cool completely.  Refrigerate at least a few hours, or overnight.  Top with Dulce De Leche.

Be Happy.



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...