12.12.2012

Chocolate & Potato Chip Cookies


It has arrived again!  The Food Blogger Cookie Swap.  I participated in this event last year, and it was so much fun.  I love thinking of a creative new cookies that other foodies like myself might enjoy.  And the best part is that you get PACKAGES in the mail!  Who doesn't love getting packages?  And then you open the package and get to eat what's inside.  So. dang. awesome.  Last year I made fun little Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Cookies.  This year, I decided on Chocolate & Potato Chip Cookies.  I am a sucker for sweet and salty things together, and while at first thought potato chips in a cookie might sound strange, and then covered with chocolate may even sound more strange, I assure you, it's delicious.  Buttery soft cookies with crispy pieces of saltiness, half covered in sweet chocolate.  I hope those that received these cookies from me enjoyed them!



Here are the cookies that I received:

Chocolate Crack Cookies from Melanie of Melanie in the Middle - I don't think this is the actual name of these cookies.  I didn't get anything with the package that had the name of them on it, so I made up a name for them.  They were chocolatey, crispy and super yummy! Thanks Melanie!

Kitchen Sink Cookies from Jenni of The Gingered Whisk - These cookies had all kinds of goodies inside them...coconut, nuts, dates, and oatmeal maybe?  I don't remember what all was in them, but I remember that they were delicious!  Thanks Jenni!

Reese's Monster Cookies from Jennifer of Peanut Butter & Peppers - Reese's pieces, M&Ms, chocolate chips...can't go wrong with any of those things.  Soft little cookies with bits of candy.  Awesome!  Also, Jennifer sent a little coffee giftcard with her cookies.  So sweet!  Thanks Jennifer!


The Great Food Blogger Cookie Swap 2012

Can't wait until next year!

in the meantime, here is my cookie recipe:

Chocolate & Potato Chip Cookies
Adapted from Martha Stewart

2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
3/4 cup light brown sugar
3/4 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 eggs
2 1/4 cup flour
1 tsp baking soda
3/4 tsp coarse salt
4 cups coarsely crushed salted potato chips, divided
1 cup pecans, toasted and chopped

4 oz chocolate
2 Tbsp butter 

Preheat oven to 375.  Beat the butter and both sugars together until fluffy.  Add in the vanilla and eggs and beat until just combined.  Add flour, baking soda, and salt and beat on low until just combined.  Stir in 2 cups of the chips and all of the nuts.  

Roll the dough into 2 inch balls.  Roll dough balls in the remaining potato chip pieces to coat.  Place cookies on a non-stick baking sheet (or whatever method of non-stick baking you like to do).  Bake until golden, about 12-15 minutes.  (The original recipe said 18-20 minutes...but they would have burnt for that long in my oven.  Just keep an eye on them!)  Let the cookies completely cool.

Once cookies are cooled off, melt the chocolate and butter in the microwave or in a double boiler.  Dip 1/2 of each cookie into the chocolate and allow to dry and harden.









2 comments:

  1. Hi! I am so glad you enjoyed the cookies! Reese's Pieces are on of my favorites! :) Your potato chip cookie looks amazing! I have to try that recipe!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I am so glad you enjoyed the cookies I sent! :) Your cookies look amazing, too! I've just recently made chocolate chip-potato chip cookies and they were so addictive, I cannot imagine having dunked them in chocolate, too! Excellent idea! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...