12.12.2010

Red Lobster Biscuits

Sunday afternoons.  A thing to cherish.  One of my favorite things I remember about my childhood/teenage life, until I left for college and realized that Sunday afternoons were not really all that different, except there was no one to cook for me, and I had no kitchen.  A traditional Sunday at my house consisted of church, and then coming home to a fried chicken meal that was as comforting as could be.  We (parents, brother and grandparents) would have the same meal every week, which now that I look back on it, I have no idea why we never got tired of it.  It was simple, and not that amazing, but it was what it was.  It was tradition, it was sunday dinner, and it was home.  The meal also included green beans, fresh veggies with ranch, mashed potatoes, salad, corn, and usually some sort of biscuits that were too dry or burnt black (No offense grandma, if you are reading this.)  The biscuit part is what brings me to this blog post.  I never really was a fan of grandma's burnt biscuits, and only ate them occasionally.  I don't remember bread/biscuits being made that often in my house growing up (except for the ones mentioned above), and now I have a mini-obsession with making delicious breads and biscuits that I find delicious.  Well these biscuits, are the best.  They are top biscuits.  They win.  They are a copycat recipe for Red Lobster's famous biscuits.  But now, you don't have to go and spend $50 per person just to get them, you can make them in your house!  Wonderful.  Like I said.  Win.  If only I had these biscuits to go alongside my childhood Sunday afternoon meals.  I don't even know what the world would be like.  I might would have found an even more delicious biscuit recipe, and I simply cannot wrap my head around that right now.  

Make them!  ASAP!!  Every Sunday from here on out!


Red Lobster Biscuits
from a restaurant copycat cookbook
2 1/2 cups bisquick baking mix
3/4 cup milk
4 Tbsp cold butter
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1 heaping cup grated cheddar cheese

2 Tbsp butter, melted
1/4 tsp dried parsley flakes
1/4 tsp garlic powder
dash of salt

Preheat oven to 400.  Add the bisquick and 4 Tbsp cold butter in a bowl and mix together using your hands or a pastry cutter.  Mix until there are pea sized chunks of butter.  Add cheese, milk and 1/4 tsp garlic powder.  Mix by hand just until combined.  

Press dough into a large disk.  Using a glass or a biscuit cutter, cut out rounds.  Transfer the biscuits to parchment paper line baking sheets.  Bake for 15-17 minutes, until tops of biscuits are golden.  

When they are done, melt 2 Tbsp butter and then stir in 1/4 tsp garlic powder, parsley and salt.  Brush over the top of the biscuits.  

Use all the butter : )




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...