9.28.2011

Pizza Rolls




Totino's Pizza Rolls are nasty.  

Jeremy loves them.  I used to eat them when I was younger, but I can't stand them now.  I don't think they taste good and I haven't even looked at the nutritional side of them, but I'm sure there's not much to stand for on that end.  I sent Jeremy out grocery shopping one day and he came back with a bunch of junk food, including an enormous bag of pizza rolls.  And he ate the whole thing...in like 2 days.  He even has a certain way of arranging them on a plate so that they all microwave and cook through evenly.  I should have taken a photo of it, cause it's pretty ridiculous.



I made my own pizza rolls once before, at our Gender Reveal Party.  Everyone loved them and they were gone quite quickly.  So quick that Jeremy did not get to try one.  Since Jeremy said that he was craving pizza rolls, I decided to make them once again.  The first time I think I used store-bought pizza dough, but this time I made my own dough instead.  I thought they were much better with the homemade dough.  They're filled with typical pizza sauce and toppings, baked and then brushed with garlic butter.  They're delicious, and my Totino's-loving hubby totally approved.  



I didn't really use a set recipe on these (except for the dough), and the filling possibilities are endless (eggs, cheese, peppers and onions for a breakfast version?).

Pizza Rolls

Pizza dough (store-bought or homemade, I used my no-fail pizza dough, found Here)
Mozzarella Cheese, grated
pepperoni's, chopped
tomato sauce of your choice
basil
oregano

2 tbsp butter, melted
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp parsley


Preheat oven to 425.  Divide the pizza dough in half.  Roll each half out very thin.  Mix together the pizza sauce, cheese, pepperonis, basil and oregano in a small bowl.

Drop cheese/sauce mixture by the tablespoonful onto one of the rolled out doughs, leaving a few inches in between each (see picture above).  Place the other rolled out dough over top of the dough and fillings, and gently press the top and bottom doughs together.  Cut squares around each of the dough and fillings, and press edges together with a fork.

Bake for about 15 minutes, until edges are very lightly browned.  While the pizza rolls are baking, make the garlic butter.  Stir in the garlic powder and parsley to the melted butter.

When rolls are done baking, brush on garlic butter.

Enjoy!






1 comment:

  1. Homemade pizza rolls!! Great idea and much more healthy without so many preservatives. So gonna make my own. :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...