I love that food is always a constant. No matter how different or exciting or chaotic you life becomes, there will always be food. That doesn't change. The type of food might change, yes. But it's still food. This past year has been a very crazy one for us, indeed. But it's been awesome, and there has always been food. Even while taking care of twin babies, someone in my house manages to make dinner, and it's lovely. Not to say that we don't eat our fair share of take out or quick freezer meals, because we occasionally do, but way more often than not, we make dinner at home. I love when I find recipes and dishes that we love and make over an over again. We have found many so far, and I'm excited for more in this upcoming year.
Here are our top ten recipes from 2011:
1. Homemade doughnuts. These are soooo good, and I highly recommend them for making on a rainy day.
2. Inside Out Apple Pies. These are also amazing. My favorite part is the different textures. The soft baked apple filling, the flaky, buttery crust, and the crisp apple shell.
3. Malted Milk Chocolate Chip Cookies. 1 of 2 of our favorite cookies ever. Please make these. You'll also make new friends with them.
4. Banana Cream Pie with Cookie Dough Crust. Pregnancy craving over-load.
5. Salted Vanilla Caramel Sauce. I seriously ate this stuff by the spoonful.
6. Pumpkin Spice Muffins with Cream Cheese Filling. Perfect muffin. Perfect filling. These were gone so fast.
7. Southern Style Chicken and Dumplings. Warm Comfort.
8. Brown Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies. Our other favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe. It's just as awesome.
9. Sweet Potato Breakfast Hash. Best spontaneous thrown-together-in-a-flash meal ever.
10. Christmas Turkey Tacos. These were amazing. Just plain amazing.
Happy New Year! Hopefully it will be filled with lots of yummy food!